By Varun Nagpal
Take your Android purposes to the following point of interactivity through exploring the wide range of Android sensors
About This Book
- Get a radical knowing of the basics and framework of Android sensors.
- Acquire wisdom of strengthen sensor programming, and the best way to attach and use sensors in exterior units similar to the Android Watch, Polar center fee screens, Adidas pace cells, and so on.
- Learn from real-world sensor-based functions reminiscent of the Pedometer app to observe day-by-day steps, the using app to notice riding occasions, and the pro health tracker app to trace center price, weight, day-by-day steps, energy burned, and so on.
Who This booklet Is For
This publication is focused at Android builders who are looking to get an excellent realizing of sensors and write sensor-based functions, or who are looking to increase their latest purposes with extra sensor performance. A easy wisdom of Android improvement is required
What you'll Learn
- Learn approximately sensor basics, kinds of sensors, and the sensor co-ordinate system
- Understand some of the sessions, callbacks, and APIs of the Android Sensor framework
- Check all of the on hand sensors on an Android machine and be aware of their person capabilities—for instance, their diversity of values, energy intake, and so on.
- Implement sensor fusion utilizing or extra sensors jointly and discover ways to atone for the weak point of 1 sensor through the use of the energy of another
- Build various sensor established, real-world purposes comparable to climate, Pedometer, Compass, riding occasions Detection, health Tracker, and so on.
- Get to understand approximately get up and non-wake up sensors, wake locks, and the way to exploit sensor batch processing besides the sensor FIFO queue
- Develop effective battery and processor algorithms utilizing uncooked sensor info to resolve real-world problems
- Connect to a number of distant sensors reminiscent of bodyweight size and physique fats percent dimension utilizing the Google healthy platform out of your Android app
Android telephones on hand in present day marketplace have a wide selection of strong and hugely distinct sensors. fascinating purposes will be equipped with them reminiscent of an area climate app utilizing climate sensors, reading dicy riding habit utilizing movement sensors, a health tracker utilizing step-counter sensors, etc. Sensors in exterior units corresponding to Android Watch, physique Analyzer & Weight computing device, operating pace phone, etc can be hooked up and used out of your Android app operating in your phone.
Moving additional, this booklet will give you the talents required to take advantage of sensors on your Android functions. it's going to stroll you thru the entire basics of sensors and may supply an intensive realizing of the Android Sensor Framework. additionally, you will get to benefit easy methods to write code for the supportive infrastructure resembling heritage companies, scheduled and lengthy working history threads, and databases for saving sensor information. you will also the way to attach and use sensors in exterior units out of your Android app utilizing the Google healthy platform.
By the tip of the e-book, you'll be good versed within the use of Android sensors and programming to construct interactive applications.
Style and approach
A step by step and easy-to-follow consultant that specializes in using sensors to accomplish sure projects. After overlaying the basics within the first bankruptcy, the publication develops the ideas by way of development a real-world, sensor-based program in next chapters.
By Elisabeth Jung
- Trainieren Sie Ihre Java-Kenntnisse
- Learning by means of Doing anhand praktischer Übungen
- Mit vollständigen und kommentierten Lösungen
Dieses Buch ist kein Lehrbuch, sondern ein reines Übungsbuch und wendet sich an Leser, die ihre Java-Kenntnisse anhand zahlreicher praktischer Übungen durch Learning by means of Doing vertiefen und festigen möchten. Es ist excellent, um sich auf Prüfungen vorzubereiten oder das Programmieren mit Java praktisch zu üben.
Jedes Kapitel enthält zunächst eine kompakte Zusammenfassung des Stoffes, der in den Übungsaufgaben dieses Kapitels verwendet wird. Anschließend haben Sie die Möglichkeit, zwischen Aufgaben in drei verschiedenen Schwierigkeitsstufen – von einfach bis anspruchsvoll – zu wählen. Anhand dieser Aufgaben können Sie Ihr Wissen praktisch testen. Am Ende des Kapitels finden Sie vollständige und kommentierte Musterlösungen.
- Es werden folgende Themen abgedeckt:
Die Kapitel 1 bis three enthalten Aufgaben zur objektorientierten Programmierung mit Java, in den Kapiteln four bis 6 üben Sie die Java-GUI-Programmierung mit AWT und Swing, die Kapitel 7 bis nine beschäftigen sich mit inneren Klassen, Generics, mirrored image und Exceptions. Die wichtigsten Änderungen der Java-Versionen 6 und 7 werden in den Kapiteln 10 und eleven behandelt.
Kapitel 12 behandelt die neuen Sprachmittel von Java eight: Lambdas und Streams. Sie lernen, wie die neue funktionale Sicht Ihnen helfen kann, eine kompaktere Syntax beim Programmieren zu verwenden und einen weniger fehleranfälligen Code für parallele Abläufe zu erstellen.
Nach dem Durcharbeiten des Buches verfügen Sie über fundierte Programmierkenntnisse und einen umfangreichen Fundus an Beispielcode.
- Aus dem Inhalt:
- Klassendefinition und Objektinstantiierung
- Abgeleitete Klassen und Vererbung
- Abstrakte Klassen und Interfaces
- Graphische Programmierung mit AWT und Swing
- Die MVC (Model View Controller)-Architektur von Swing-Komponenten
- Innere Klassen
- Typprüfung und Typsicherheit in Java
- Lambdas: Gegenüberstellung zu anonymen Klassen, Syntax und Semantik, Behandlung von Exceptions, Scoping und Variable Capture
- Methoden- und Konstruktor-Referenzen
- Funktionale Interfaces
- Default- und static-Methoden für Interfaces
- Definition und Nutzung von Streams
- Reduktion und Kollektoren
- Parallele Streams
- Die neuen Methoden der Klasse ConcurrentHashMap
By Raj Kumar
By Chet Haase,Romain Guy
Filthy wealthy Clients refers to ultra-graphically wealthy purposes that ooze cool. They suck the consumer in from the outset and dangle directly to them with a loss of life grip of pleasure. Filthy wealthy consumers: constructing lively and Graphical results for computing device Java™ Applications indicates you ways to construct larger, more desirable, cooler computing device purposes that accentuate the consumer experience.
The keys to wealthy consumers are graphical and lively results. a majority of these results offer methods of bettering the person event of the applying via extra appealing GUIs, dynamic results that supply your program a pulse, and lively transitions that continue your consumer attached to the logical movement of the appliance. The booklet additionally discusses tips on how to accomplish that effectively, ensuring to counterpoint purposes in good ways.
In-depth insurance includes
- Graphics and GUI fundamentals: Dig deep into the internals of the way Swing and Java second interact to exhibit GUI purposes onscreen. tips on how to maximize the pliability of those libraries and use them such a lot effectively.
- Performance: keep on with in-depth discussions and suggestions in the course of the publication to help you write high-performing GUI applications.
- Images: know how pictures are created and used to make higher Java applications.
- Advanced graphics: research extra approximately parts of Swing and Java second which are of specific profit to wealthy consumers.
- Animation: become aware of normal recommendations of animation, in addition to easy methods to use the amenities supplied within the Java platform. examine new software libraries that enormously simplify animations in Java.
- Effects: how you can create, customise, and use static and lively effects—the mainstays of wealthy Clients.
Code examples illustrate key innovations, and the book’s spouse website, http://filthyrichclients.org, comprises vast demos, application libraries, additional info on comparable applied sciences, and extra.
Informal, enjoyable, and, so much of all, precious, this ebook is excellent for any developer operating with Java to construct machine applications.
By Eric Rochester
About This Book
- Explore the idea that of information research utilizing verified clinical tools mixed with the strong Clojure language
- Master Naïve Bayesian class, Benford's legislation, and lots more and plenty extra in Clojure
- Learn with the aid of examples drawn from interesting, real-world data
Who This publication Is For
This ebook is superb if you have adventure with Clojure and wish to exploit it to accomplish facts research. This publication may also be highly helpful for readers with easy event in information research and statistics.
What you'll Learn
- Use geospatial information to benefit approximately geographical styles in data
- Use sentiment research to figure out people's reviews from on-line reviews
- Frame and enforce statistical experiments
- Use A/B checking out to figure out the simplest UI to maintain clients engaged
- Work with time sequence data
- Learn easy methods to use parallelization and concurrency to paintings with huge datasets
- Use subject modeling to discover the topics mentioned in a gaggle of documents
- Use community research to profit approximately on-line social networks
Clojure is a Lisp dialect equipped on best of the Java digital desktop. As information more and more invades increasingly more elements of our lives, we continuously want extra instruments to house it successfully. information may be geared up successfully utilizing Clojure facts tools.
Mastering Clojure facts research teaches you ways to research and visualize complicated datasets. With this publication, you are going to find out how to practice information research utilizing proven medical equipment with the trendy, robust Clojure programming language with assistance from fascinating examples drawn from real-world facts. this can assist you familiarize yourself with complicated issues similar to community research, the features of social networks, using subject modeling to get a deal with on unstructured textual information, and GIS research to use geospatial innovations on your info research problems.
With this consultant, you will the best way to leverage the facility and suppleness of Clojure to dig into your information and entry the insights it hides.
By Jim Manico,August Detlefsen
Proven tools for development safe Java-Based internet Applications
Develop, install, and hold safe Java functions utilizing the specialist concepts and open resource libraries defined during this Oracle Press advisor. Iron-Clad Java provides the methods required to construct powerful and safe purposes from the beginning and explains the best way to put off present safety insects. most sensible practices for authentication, entry keep watch over, facts defense, assault prevention, mistakes dealing with, and masses extra are integrated. utilizing the sensible suggestion and real-world examples supplied during this authoritative source, you will achieve priceless safe software program engineering skills.
- Establish safe authentication and consultation administration processes
- Implement a powerful entry regulate layout for multi-tenant internet applications
- Defend opposed to cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, and clickjacking
- Protect delicate facts whereas it's kept or in transit
- Prevent SQL injection and different injection attacks
- Ensure secure dossier I/O and upload
- Use powerful logging, mistakes dealing with, and intrusion detection methods
- Follow a complete safe software program improvement lifecycle
"In this booklet, Jim Manico and August Detlefsen take on protection schooling from a technical viewpoint and produce their wealth of wisdom and event to software designers. an important volume of concept was once given to incorporate the main beneficial and appropriate safeguard content material for designers to guard their purposes. this isn't a publication approximately defense theories, it’s the challenging classes realized from those that were exploited, became actionable goods for program designers, and condensed into print." —From the Foreword by means of Milton Smith, Oracle Senior vital defense Product supervisor, Java
By Neil Smyth
Beginning with the fundamentals, this booklet presents an summary of the stairs essential to organize an Android improvement and trying out surroundings. An advent to the structure of Android is by way of an in-depth examine the layout of Android functions and consumer interfaces. extra complex subject matters equivalent to database administration, content material prone, prone and intents also are coated, as are contact monitor dealing with, gesture attractiveness, digital camera entry and the playback and recording of either video and audio.
In addition to overlaying normal Android improvement thoughts, the e-book additionally comprises Google Play particular issues akin to utilizing the Google Play In-App Billing API, imposing maps utilizing the Google Maps Android API and filing apps to the Google Play Developer Console.
Assuming you have already got a few Java programming event, are able to obtain Eclipse and the Android SDK, have entry to a home windows, Mac or Linux process and concepts for a few apps to enhance, you're ready to get started.
By Jérôme Molière
By David Heffelfinger
- Packed with transparent, step by step directions, functional examples, and simple explanations
- Covers all significant Java EE eight APIs and contains new additions similar to superior defense, JSON-B Processing, and more.
- Develop functions making the most of the most recent types of CDI, protection, Servlets, and JSF and different Java EE specifications.
Java EE is an firm Java normal, functions written to conform with the Java EE specification don't tie builders to a particular seller, as an alternative, they are often deployed to any Java EE compliant software server. With this booklet, you’ll have all of the instruments and strategies you must construct powerful and scalable functions in Java EE 8.This e-book covers the entire significant Java EE eight APIs together with JSF 2.3, company JavaBeans (EJB), Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI), the Java API for WebSockets, JAX-RS 2.1, Servlet 4.0 and more.
This e-book starts off through introducing you to Java EE eight program improvement after which is going directly to disguise all significant Java EE eight APIs. It makes a speciality of going past the fundamentals to boost Java EE purposes that may be deployed to any Java EE eight compliant program server.
The e-book additionally introduces JSON-P and JSON-B, the Java APIs for JSON Processing and the Java API for JSON Binding. those complicated themes extra dive deep into explaining how the 2 APIs are used to procedure JSON functionality, particularly the version API and the Streaming API.
The e-book additionally covers extra Java EE APIs, comparable to the Java API for Websocket and the Java Message carrier (JMS), which permits loosely coupled, asynchronous verbal exchange. additional, additionally, you will research how you can safe Java EE functions via profiting from the hot Java EE safeguard API.
Finally, you are going to research extra concerning the RESTful internet carrier improvement utilizing the newest JAX-RS 2.1 specification. additionally, you will study thoughts to use micro profile to construct scalable, cloud-ready microservices in Java EE.
What you'll learn
- Learn to advance and install Java EE applications
- Embracing the most recent additions to the Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) specification improve Java EE applications.
- Develop web-based purposes using the most recent model of JavaServer Faces, JSF 2.3.
- Understand the stairs to strategy JSON facts with JSON-P and the recent JSON-B Java EE API.
- Implement RESTful net providers utilizing the recent JAX-RS 2.1 API which additionally contains help for Server-Sent occasions (SSE) and the recent reactive shopper API.
About the Author
David Heffelfinger is an autonomous advisor dependent within the Washington, DC quarter. he's a Java Champion, a member of the NetBeans Dream crew and is a part of the JavaOne content material committee.
David has written eight books on Java EE, software servers, NetBeans, and JasperReports. His titles contain Java EE 7 improvement with NetBeans eight, Java EE 7 with GlassFish four software Server, and JasperReports 3.5 For Java Developers.
David has been talking at JavaOne each year due to the fact 2012. he's a common speaker at NetBeans Day in San Francisco, showcasing NetBeans positive factors that enormously improve the improvement of Java EE purposes. stick to him on Twitter @ensode
By John Dooley
This booklet introduces you to software program engineering—the software of engineering ideas to the advance of software program. What are those engineering rules? First, all engineering efforts keep on with an outlined procedure. So, you may be spending a bit time conversing approximately the way you run a software program improvement venture and the different phases of a venture. Secondly, all engineering paintings has a foundation within the program of technological know-how and arithmetic to real-world difficulties. And so does software program improvement! you will accordingly take some time to ascertain the best way to layout and enforce courses that resolve particular problems.
ultimately, this e-book can also be approximately human-computer interplay and person interface layout concerns. A terrible consumer interface can destroy any desire to really use a application; during this e-book, you are going to work out why and the way to prevent these error.
What youll learn
How to layout and code nice software
What tools and approaches can be found that will help you layout nice software
How to use software program engineering ideas on your day-by-day coding practice
How to inform a superb layout from a nasty one?
Understand the features of fine programs
How to build specialist commonplace code that you should be proud to show
Understand all approximately coding criteria, and observe them to genuine Java coding
Explore debugging, unit trying out and modularity
All approximately object-oriented programming (OOP) layout ideas and nice coding
How to use the rules you have got realized to precise and real-world coding problems
A better half to the ACM Computing Curricular 2001 resource C202c
Who this publication is for