By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy offers a ancient history, information the current prestige of information within the box, and defines the questions wanting consciousness in destiny study. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is finished in its insurance and should definitely have large charm. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, normal background, comparative body structure, anatomy and plenty of different fields will locate anything new and exciting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers an entire evaluate of a massive and immensely attention-grabbing sector of research
- Provides a standpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains various illustrations in addition to finished charts
- Provides a synoptic therapy of all of the recognized air-breathing species with vital facts on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Similar marine biology books
The Brown trout monitors broadly divergent lifestyles background thoughts related to, variously, utilization of streams, rivers, lakes, estuaries and the ocean. the ocean trout is the total sea-going shape, it's very universal and competes with salmon for the placement of the main wanted migratory salmonid in lots of international locations.
Marine Mammals: Evolutionary Biology, 3rd version is a succinct, but accomplished textual content dedicated to the systematics, evolution, morphology, ecology, body structure, and behaviour of marine mammals. past variations of this priceless paintings are thought of required examining for all marine biologists concerned about marine mammals, and this article keeps that culture of excellence with up-to-date citations and a diffusion of approximately each bankruptcy that comes with complete colour photos and distribution maps.
This publication bargains an ecosystem-oriented review of the variety, ecological position, and biotechnological purposes of marine fungi in addition to an in-depth creation to the marine setting, fungal class, and ecological rules. It additionally offers the most recent study findings on coastal marine and oceanic ecosystems, akin to mangrove, seagrass, salt marsh, algal, coral reef and benthic ecosystems.
- Aquaculture Microbiology and Biotechnology, Volume Two
- The European Landscape Convention: Challenges of Participation: 13 (Landscape Series)
- Success Stories in Asian Aquaculture
- Lake Pavin: History, geology, biogeochemistry, and sedimentology of a deep meromictic maar lake
- Advances in Marine Biology
- Aquaculture Technology: Flowing Water and Static Water Fish Culture
Extra info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation
Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation by Jeffrey B. Graham